Life-N-Loans is committed to ensure we adhere to the privacy laws in New Zealand. As such our procedures relating to personal information are designed to ensure that you are fully protected under New Zealand privacy laws. The following policy statement only deals with privacy issues related to this website.
This policy is a statement of commitment by Life-N-Loans to comply with the applicable privacy legislation. From time to time this policy will be reviewed and updated, without notice to you. Revised policies will be posted on our websites.
Collecting Personal Information
Generally we collect personal information directly from you in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or when you provide it to us through our website, Referrer sources viz. Lawyers, Accountants, Existing clients, Real Estate Sales people etc. Sometimes Life-N-Loans will collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from a credit reporting agency, marketing organisations, your representative (such as a legal adviser), your financial adviser, your employer or publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
Generally we collect your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, occupation, financial information and any other information about you to enable us to assess your needs in relation to real estate, insurances and associated products and services. We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of Life-N-Loans.
Use of Collected Information
We use your personal information to provide and promote Life-N-Loans services to you, including:
- conducting our businesses;
- communicating information about our products and services to you; and
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, development and research requirements.
Specifically, you agree and consent to the use of your information for the purposes of carrying out credit checks, dealing with requests, complaints and other customer related activities, market and product analysis and for providing you with promotional material on our other services and special offers.
Disclosure of information.
We may disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law, to regulatory bodies and law enforcement and to third party service providers. Where we act as agent in collection of your personal information we collect the information on behalf of the parties for whom we act as agent both for our purposes and for their internal purposes. Where we contract with third parties to perform services for Life-N-Loans, those third parties may handle your personal information and must only use the information for the purposes for which it was supplied although we are not be responsible for ensuring this.
We may collect and store information about your visit to our website to measure the number of visitors to different parts of the site.
Accessing your information
Any information gathered for this service and used in any associated advice reports is personal and will be kept confidential and secure. You have a right under the Privacy Act 1993 to obtain access to, and to request correction of, your personal information. Information provided by you or your authorised agent, will be used by me and any members of my staff for the purpose of providing advice to you and may also be used by:
1) A product or service provider when implementing any of my recommendations or alterations to recommendations;
2) Compliance advisers, assessors or by any claims investigators who may need access to such information;
3) Other professionals such as your solicitor, your accountant, your finance broker, and/or your financial planner when their services are required to complement this advice and as requested by you, and the Financial Markets Authority or other regulatory bodies for the purposes of ensuring that I have complied with legal and regulatory obligations
You can ask for information about you to be corrected, if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Where requested, Life-N-Loans will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
Storage of information
Life-N-Loans will take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that the personal information collected and used is accurate, complete and up to date;
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it no longer needs it for any purpose; and
- protect your personal information from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.